This is the header
In this example the page is still 760 pixels wide,
and has been divided into divisions: a header, a footer, and a navigation
bar on the left, as well as the main text.
This is the text. For more about how this is done, click
Also, view the source of this page (please). And note the following
- Style attribute "margin" is external margin; "padding" is internal margin.
- The full size of an item is its width (or height) plus its top and bottom
margin, but padding doesn't count.
- Nesting of divisions within divisions is normal practice.
- Each "div" inherits the style attributes of the one enclosing it,
except for the ones you change.
- Normally, "divs" appear in sequence from top to bottom.
To line up several of them from side to side, like a table,
"float" them all to the left.
Also note that although all the style attributes here are inline,
they could come from CSS.
This is the footer